Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Duck Squirrel

One lovely day in the summer, Morgan Patterson and me were sitting in my front yard talking and enjoying the sun when we heard this really odd noise. We just ignored it at first, but then it got louder and we were like "Oh my god, what is that?" It was kind of like a mix between a duck and a noise a squirrel makes. It sounded like it was coming from my neighbors yard, so we decided to go see what it was. I took the sidewalk and walked around the outside of their yard, while Morgan went straight through it. Their yard isn't really that big, so it didn't take us very long to walk across it. We were standing there, listening for the noise when we heard it again and saw that it was coming from a squirrel perched high in a tree a few feet away. We were standing there laughing at the squirrel because it made such a weird noise when all of a sudden it saw us. Now, usually if a squirrel sees people it would run up the tree, but this one started to run down the tree AT us. So of course, being the girls we are, we screamed and started running. I ran out of the yard and down the street on the sidewalk. I reached my yard and turned just in time to see Morgan run smack into the other tree in my neighbors yard. Her shoulder hit it, and her whole body flipped and she landed on the ground. I started laughing so hard, and Morgan just kept lying there. As for the squirrel, we have never seen it, or heard it, again.

10 comments:

  1. That's funny! That happened to my mom once. What color was the squirel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really funny. Squirrels are so weird sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! That sounds like it would've hurt. I really, really don't like squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Derek, it did hurt! This is something I will never forget!! Hahahahaha! !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that would happen to Morgan. No offense or anything to her though. Funny story. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that sounds like some of the ridiculous things me and my friends do. Nice. Squirrels are really, really weird animals. I'm not sure if I like them all that much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha yeah Morgan would do that. Anyway, that is one messed up squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Talk about having issues. Squirrels are like that creature that looks so innocent and sweet but are evil on the inside. I wish you got this on camera. I love reading your writing because you pull the reader in like they are there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds sooooo funny! Reading it I could see this happening.

    ReplyDelete